We try to consider sustainability in all actions we do.
Villa Rauha has been accepted into the Sustainable Travel Finland program on June 4, 2020, and we have begun the journey towards STF requirements with ecological, cultural and social responsibility.
Even if every desired action is not yet possible, we understand and value also the small things which lead us towards better and more sustainable way of doing our business.
Here's how you can actively promote sustainable tourism: Download the guidelines for sustainable tourism in Lapland.
We commit on the 10 following principals towards more sustainable travel.
We do fair collaboration
- We develop tourism in cooperation with other actors in our region and industry. Together, we can better influence the future of society and tourism. We want our area to be good to live in and visit now and in the future, so we make decisions that are sustainable for future generations as well. We treat everyone with respect and fairness, and only engage in fair and honest trading.
We take care of nature
- We protect the environment, landscapes and biodiversity of our area. Our operations do not exceed the carrying capacity of nature, but contribute to securing the opportunities for a good life and the preservation of a clean operating environment in our area. We also take care of the welfare and dignified treatment of our animals.
We respect cultural heritage
- We cherish the cultural heritage of our region. Our goal is to genuinely and respectfully present, revitalize, maintain and strengthen culture. We also understand that cultures have always evolved in interaction and learned from each other.
We promote prosperity, human rights and equality
- We treat our employees, guests and residents of our area equally and respectfully, regardless of their background. We take people's special needs into account in our operations. We train, guide and encourage our staff to act responsibly.
We prefer local
- We support products, services and businesses in our area, and our goal is to employ local people. We prefer food made from Finnish ingredients. We involve residents and businesses in matters that affect them.
We invest in safety and quality
- We take care of the safety of local residents, our staff and guests, and comply with the law and government regulations. When we develop our services and products above quality, we create the conditions for the continuity of our own operations.
We take into account the climate impact
- We make good climate choices and reduce our carbon footprint. We monitor the impact of tourism on the environment and, through active measurement, aim for more efficient use of energy and resources.
We communicate openly
- We boldly communicate in our region about responsible actions in tourism and future plans and visions. We want Finland's sustainable tourism to be known in the world. We openly talk about success, but also about challenges.
We are constantly developing our business
- We are ready to renew our services and products so that there will be enough demand for them in the future as well. A stable economy and ethical business create the basis for the sustainable development of operations.
We are committed to the principles of sustainable tourism
- We will take an active role in promoting sustainable tourism and implementing these principles of sustainable tourism. We will draw up an action plan for sustainable tourism, according to which we will act more systematically in the future. We are committed to action and want to learn more in the future.